The Wikipedia Library – #1Lib1Ref
#1Lib1Ref is happening again in May!
#1Lib1Ref, the annual campaign where librarians add references to improve Wikipedia, is coming back again this year, running from May 15th to June 5th, 2018.
- Why twice? We heard from you a desire to run it again out of excitement, because May is not summer vacation for the southern hemisphere, and because Spanish Wikipedia's birthday also falls in May. This is a great expansion of the event and it means that there is another opportunity to make Wikipedia more factual and verifiable by leveraging the expertise of librarians around the world.
- How does this relate to the main campaign in January? We encourage librarians, community members, and affiliates to make 1Lib1Ref their own. So whether we call this 1Lib1Ref May, 1Lib1Ref for the Southern Hemisphere, or 1Lib1Ref Strikes Back, the point is the excitement is building again, and we'd like you to be a part of it.
- If I participated in January, do I have to do it again in May? It's entirely up to you, this is just another chance if you want to do more, or if you couldn't get around to January activities. This is a pilot for us, too, so we'll see how it goes and discuss what we learned after the May campaign.
- How can you get involved?
On behalf of The Wikipedia Library Team --MediaWiki message delivery (συζήτηση) 08:40, 16 Απριλίου 2018 (UTC)
For any questions or suggestions, please contact wikipedialibrary [at] wikimedia [dot] org.
- This message was delivered via the Global Mass Message tool to The Wikipedia Library global coordinators list.